Tablet is a lightweight, high-performance graphical viewer for next generation sequence assemblies and alignments.
Visit the download page to get the latest version of Tablet (1.16.09.06; 6th September 2016).
Please cite: Milne I, Stephen G, Bayer M, Cock PJA, Pritchard L, Cardle L, Shaw PD and Marshall D. 2013. Using Tablet for visual exploration of second-generation sequencing data. Briefings in Bioinformatics 14(2), 193-202.
- High-performance visualization and data navigation.
- Display of reads in both packed and stacked formats.
- File format support for ACE, AFG, MAQ, SOAP2, SAM, BAM, FASTA, FASTQ, and GFF3.
- Import GFF3, VCF, GTF or BED features and quickly find/highlight/display them.
- Search and locate reads by name or subsequence across entire data sets.
- Paired end visualization support (for SAM/BAM).
- Entire-contig overviews, showing data layout or coverage information.
- Simple install routine via auto-updating graphical installers.
- Support for Windows, Apple Mac OS X and Linux, in 32 and 64-bit.
You can get a full list of recent new additions, changes or bug fixes by reading through the release notes.